
Cat Stevens returns.
Though I wasn't currently on the earth during the first Cat Stevens reign, I have grown up loving his music anyway. Naturally I was very delighted to hear of his new album (under his new name, Yusuf Islam), and upon hearing the stuff I must say...it is quite extraordinary. It sounds just like him, and makes you chill out entirely (a practice that I always recommend). If you haven't heard it already, snatch my copy and give it a listen or just assume that you'll love it and go ahead and get it. Favorite track: #2 Heaven/Where True Love Goes. It just makes you want to be nice to everyone.
Though I wasn't currently on the earth during the first Cat Stevens reign, I have grown up loving his music anyway. Naturally I was very delighted to hear of his new album (under his new name, Yusuf Islam), and upon hearing the stuff I must say...it is quite extraordinary. It sounds just like him, and makes you chill out entirely (a practice that I always recommend). If you haven't heard it already, snatch my copy and give it a listen or just assume that you'll love it and go ahead and get it. Favorite track: #2 Heaven/Where True Love Goes. It just makes you want to be nice to everyone.
8 comments:
I thought Cat Stevens was dead; and, in a sense, I guess that is true since he has been reborn as Yusuf Islam. Very interesting!
I can hardly believe it: Cat...er...Mr. Islam did it! He's spanned two generations--really wowing everyone in my day, particularly Peace Train, Father and Son, Hard Headed Woman, and the one LR introduced me to, Tea for the Tillerman. Hahaha, what a great song.
One of my favorite movies is called "Harold and Maude" and all the music in it is from the former Cat. There is a song in there that goes: if you wanna be me, be me. and if you wanna be you, be you. cause there's a million things to do, you know that there are..you know that there are...
If anyone knows the name of this song I will pay them in Fudge to find out.
Okay. Here is the real deal.
The name of the song is
"If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out,"
and it is available on Cat Stevens, "Footsteps in the Dark," Greatest Hits, vol. 2. Where's my fudge?
Yusuf I. is getting a lot of airplay here in NYC -- especially when this album came out, but it's still continuing. Sounds like a great comeback.
Once when I was a teenager I somehow got "Moonshadow" stuck in my head for months. Not so pleasant.
I used to think the "Peace Train" was
the "Peach Train." Now it's stuck in my head.
Don't worry Aunt Laur...fudge is coming. It is coming your way and there is no stopping it...
Post a Comment