
For something a little more rough around the edges, the Mars Volta's newest album Amputechture is a delight. The Mars Volta are loud, complicated, strange, and sometimes they break out into Spanish. I love them. They are good representatives of the "young" rock music that's actually good...real instrument solos, thought put into the music, etc. No fluff. They are somewhat paralleled to Dream Theater in my opinion. It's like "fusion jazz." Perhaps what attracts me the most is their insane drumming...and everything is just put together so well in every song. Amputechture boasts a lot more melodic guitar riffs than their previous albums do. Some people don't like the lead singer's voice, it is a little screechy, but I think it's wild! This is an album that needs to be listened to from start to finish, it works better that way. If you are in the mood to just run around, jumping on things, feeling like an 18 year old who is about to graduate high school, then check it out. Of tMV's albums, I own Frances the Mute, De-Loused in the Comatorium and Amputechture. Let me know if you want to borrow any. Killer bass solo at the beginning of track #5 Day of the Baphomets. Also features a wicked saxophone.
1 comment:
I want to borrow Amputechture.
Keep in mind that I still have one of Jane's Neil Young CDs somewhere that I can't find, but I will try to be more responsible. Also, I have had Al's CD of Hasidic rap music for a long time, but I know where it is--I just have to get back to the P.O. Thanks.
Post a Comment