
The Album Leaf is music that I will make sure I have my entire life. Musical, intricate, melodic, interesting, relaxing, day dreamy. I'm not sure why, but The Album Leaf sounds to me like the music a forest or something would make...using guitars, drums, bass, keyboards, violins, and glockenspiels... it's a little hard to explain. To me, the Album Leaf is soothing and exhilarating at the same time. It is the utmost in chill, as though endorphins are flowing out of the speakers. The music sounds more like art you can almost see, and the albums are simply galleries. It's that happy/sad sound, quite nostalgic. Very, very pleasant. I highly recommend any of The Album Leaf's albums, but here are some of my favorite tracks if you just want a taste.
"Lounge Act" (one and two)* from 'An Orchestrated Rise to Fall'
"We Once Were" (one and two)* from 'An Orchestrated Rise to Fall'
* The original of the songs, the "one," are short and almost introductory, while the "two" is the longer variation of the song.
The ENTIRE 'Into the Blue Again' album, with special loving of:
"Writings On the Wall"
"Red Eye"
"Wherever I Go" ....ah they are all good.
"The Sailor" from 'One Day I'll Be On Time'
"Seal Beach" from 'Seal Beach'
"Essex (Live at the Tabernacle Theater in Atlanta)" from 'Seal Beach'
But really, they are all magnificent and sound wonderful one after the other. The Cd's are slightly expensive and a little hard to come by (except online), so far I've only had luck at Barnes and Noble. So if you want a sample CD, I'm your girl to call.
No comments:
Post a Comment