Tuesday, August 4, 2009

a little more accessible?

I've recently come across a large slew of hipster/indie rocker music, which I admittedly feel a little goofy about liking. Must be any teenager blood that's left in me. However, I think a lot of this is genuinely good, all elite-coolness and totally unique and misunderstood skinny suits and vintage dresses aside. (Hopefully many of you do not know what I am talking about in reference to this type of trend, and can just try out the tunes unbiased). Anyway, what I'm saying, is that I feel very uncomfortable falling into any "group" or category of person myself, which is why I feel a little goofy liking this kind of music. But I do like it. Along with just..about everything else.
So this isn't all hipster rock, this is mostly just what I have been listening to on the train lately. You probably all know Death Cab for Cutie, but I've really come to love them more and more, so they are here too.
I'm a little frustrated at playlist.com because they don't have a great selection. I would have loved to put the Stone Roses' "Love Spreads Around" but it was not available. Here's some I could find. The Faces song you might know from Rushmore. Al, thanks for the intro to Yo La Tengo.
umm, I'm going to play this Ventures song at every Christmas party I ever have.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!

3 comments:

MJ said...

When you talk about feeling goofy liking this music it reminds me of being in high school and one of my friends discovering that one of my radio presets (back in the days of only 6 buttons) was set to (gasp!) a Country station.

After enduring the mockery of that discovery I never thought of confessing to listening to Herb Alpert and the Tijauna Brass or the theme song from The Magnificent Seven (I think I wore that record out...).

lw said...

Sorry to tell you, Anne, you never get rid of the teenagery blood altogether, and it often appears at the most inopportune moments.

xhart said...

Glad you liked the YLT... you've introduced me to many other good ones!