
Jason Mraz
We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.
Jason Mraz's music is the kind of bouncy, not-yet-cynical-about love music that a jaded old bat such as myself usually hates and yet. . . I really like this album (I know, I know--disk). The lyrics are witty and interesting. The music starts out conventionally but soon morphs into interesting and unusual variations (one song has a church choir sound with violins). My favorite songs were "Details in the Fabric," "Only Human," "Coyotes," and "The Dynamo of Volition." Does anyone else know his music? am I the last to know? I think his name is pronounced "Moss." We have the CD at the library here, and I think I found out about it from Amazon's 100 best of 2008.
We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.
Jason Mraz's music is the kind of bouncy, not-yet-cynical-about love music that a jaded old bat such as myself usually hates and yet. . . I really like this album (I know, I know--disk). The lyrics are witty and interesting. The music starts out conventionally but soon morphs into interesting and unusual variations (one song has a church choir sound with violins). My favorite songs were "Details in the Fabric," "Only Human," "Coyotes," and "The Dynamo of Volition." Does anyone else know his music? am I the last to know? I think his name is pronounced "Moss." We have the CD at the library here, and I think I found out about it from Amazon's 100 best of 2008.
2 comments:
I always liked Jason Mraz in early high school, but I think I kind of forgot about him. Glad he's still doing stuff..
Strangely I heard a song from this album this morning on my way to work (I was flipping through channels because disc 6 of 8 of the audio book I am listening to gets won't play tracks 10 and 11, which was some action area....)
Anyway, I liked the song Lucky enough to look up who it was by and it is on this CD. I'm a sucker for duets. I'll have to check out the rest of the album.
Post a Comment