Tuesday, May 24, 2011
VH1 Classic Metal Mania - Stripped
First - "Stripped" refers to the fact that the entire album is acoustic versions of some of the great songs from the Hair Band era (late 80's - early 90's). I have a weakness for a good acoustic version but they're generally hard to find, so when I discovered this via Pandora I splurged for the whole album. Knowing how cheap I am (it's in my genes from both sides) the best review I can give is that I haven't regretted a penny. Many of my acoustic versions are from the Internet Archive where somebody recorded a concert, so it is nice to have quality acoustic versions.
I have to believe that even those of you who didn't experience these bands in your formative years still might know some of these songs, e.g. Night Ranger's "Sister Christian". Part of why I like these songs is that I picture that this is how these songs were born - some acoustic guitars and the band wearing plain clothes without ratted hair. I'm too lazy to type them in, so here's a shot of what is included.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Looks good! I don't know too many of the songs, but I like acoustic.
Post a Comment